Thursday 25 August 2011

What I've learned over the past 40 years. Part three

  • I've learn't that meditating and trying my best to be present in the 'now' really does work wonders!
  • that the only thing in life that I have total control over...is myself. I control how I choose to react in situations, what attitude I adopt, what mood I choose to be in, how thoughtful I am, how organised I choose to be; the list goes on and on. It's not easy to choose that amount of responsibility for my life, but it sure is liberating!
  • I've learn't that spending time in nature is the most cleansing experience you can give yourself. The more prisine and beautiful the location the greater the healing.
  • It's so much nicer seeing the kids play on the beach than on the DS.
  • I've discovered that if you're short on time and you haven't had a chance to take the pet rats out of their cage for some exercise, then bring them into the bathroom with you when you take a shower. They love running in and out of the water, shaking the drops off and then coming back for more, plus it's a good place to give them a bath!
  • If you can teach your kids a second (or more) language as earliy as possible, you open up more of the world to them as adults.
  • the world is an awe inspiring place...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment